- To expand and strengthen interdisciplinary, collaborative research programs between behavioural scientists and other disciplines, including basic science and clinical research.
- To assure a cohesive, multidisciplinary, critical mass of behavioural science investigators within a well-funded research program.
- To provide training to teachers, students, schools, NGOs, Colleges, and other organizations on mental health, victim assistance, performance enhancement, stress management, competency development, disability rehabilitation, and understanding various dimensions of human behaviour.
- To focus research programs on high-risk, underserved and minority populations wherever possible
- To conduct and apply the best behavioural and social science research and evaluation towards improving people's lives, with a special emphasis on the underprivileged.